This website has been designed by local people for local people, who are suffering with mental health distress/illness and find it difficult to engage in the community.
A group of women have been researching Merton borough to find services that can support people.
Personal Independence supports vulnerable young people ans women by providing support groups for local people.Through our mental health support groups we have successfully receive funding to deliver this project for the local community members.
On this wesite you will find useful information and a forum where you can make anonymous comments/questions to support your everyday living with mental health.
10 things to do when you are feeling sad/down
1. Play happy songs
2. Exercise - even a walk in the park or to your local shop
3. Phone a friend
4. Smile more than once
5. Make a to do list
6. Take a hot bath with candles and concentrate on you
7. Have a good cry - tears are not scary
8. Put it into perspective - what have you already achieved
9. Write a journal/diary
10. Concentrate on yourself - you are important